We focus on the rules
so you can focus on your mission.
Civility empowers leaders and members of organizations—
giving you a confident understanding of governance and parliamentary procedure so that business meetings can be both efficient and compliant.
“At Civility, we want every member in every organization to have the knowledge and tools they need to make sound decisions in an efficient manner.”
—Sarah E. Merkle, attorney and professional parliamentarian
Civility assists groups of all types and sizes with the following services:
- Interpretation of your organization’s bylaws and other rules
- Advice on how your meetings can be more efficient and compliant
- Help in customizing rules to meet organizational needs
- Professional parliamentarians for in-person, phone, or virtual meetings
- Written opinions on controversial questions
- Training in parliamentary procedure for leaders and members (virtual or in-person)
- Training in presiding for officers and leaders (virtual or in-person)
- Facilitation or professional presiding for inperson, phone, or virtual meetings
- Drafting and revising governing documents, including bylaws and standing or special rules
- Expert witness reports and testimony for litigation
The Order of Business™
- “I worked closely with Sarah during a contentious leadership battle of a political organization. Her strategic advice and insight was always accurate, and she helped my clients develop a strategy that not only won on the floor of the convention, but also held up in court.”
—Attorney for State Political Party
- “Sarah walked in and accomplished more for our leadership team in a couple of hours than we have been able to do in years. We all came away with a firm grasp on how to legally and strategically change our bylaws.”
- “Our annual meeting went so smoothly this year, thanks to Sarah’s wise advice. She helped us completely revamp our agenda, and her tips for handling discussion were spot on!”
- “Until our board hired Sarah, we never understood exactly which rules apply to our group and how to implement them with our membership. Now we’ve got a very strong understanding of parliamentary procedure, and we have backup when we face a challenge.”
The Law of Order Blog
A Resource on Parliamentary Procedure & the Law
Civility offers a free consultation.
We’d love to find out more about your needs and how we can help.
Schedule a free initial consultation to talk with Sarah.